IB TUTORING YEARS 11 – 12
Our IB tutoring program for Stage 6 (Years 11 and 12) is rigorous and rewarding for our students. In our IB Tutoring program, our curriculum is explicit and technically effective in supporting the teaching and learning approach as their IB school. Throughout our lessons, our methodical approach to each IB curriculum targets student weaknesses and provide efficient and effective solutions.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE? IB VS HSC
|Must study six courses from different academic disciplines (English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Language).||Can study a breadth of subjects with a minimum total of 10 units. Must include English as a compulsory subject.|
|Subjects are not scaled in the IB course; choosing the higher or standard level of the subject will not impact the final mark.||Subject selection is crucial to obtaining the highest mark.|
|Students are awarded a maximum mark of 45. This is calculated as follows:
6 subjects x 7 marks each + 3 bonus points from the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and Extended Essay (EE).
|Maximum mark is 99.95
The top 10 units of study (including English) will be counted towards this mark
THE IB SERVICE WE OFFER INCLUDES:
- Subject consultation to ensure your child chooses the best subjects that will allow them to maximise their results.
- Education planning and management to stay on top of the content heavy courses.
- Academic analysis and sample A-range essays with annotated features relevant to the texts currently studied in school.
- Comprehensive study notes and rules directed at addressing the IB Syllabus requirements.
- Comprehensive assistance for the Extended Essay (EE) and Theory of Knowledge (TOK). We will assist students in their researching, planning writing and editing stages.
- IB Assessment Preparation. We will guide your child each step of the way in the Internal Assessments (IAs).
- Access to a range of IB past papers and exam-style questions.
- Sample Exams written specifically for school assessments.
- Marked-up essays and feedback so that your child is able to improve the clarity, structure and level of sophistication of their writing.
- Mathematics – Topic-specific lessons that focus on both content teaching and revision through countless mock questions for the purposes of the HSC exam. You can enrol in a lesson here.
- Sciences – Targeted lessons that focus on syllabus dot-points by combining theory and exam practice sessions for BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY and/or PHYSICS. This program is a rigorous approach to the HSC. Find your science subject and enrol in a lesson here.
- ALL Subjects – Our tutors are multi-skilled who have a breadth of knowledge in specific areas of Humanities, Languages and the Creative Arts. If you are after 1-1 tutoring (including English, Math or Science), please contact us here to schedule in private lessons. These can be accessed on campus or via our ONLINE TUTORING
- School-based Assessments – Tutoring support for school exams and assessments. If you are after 1-1 tutoring, please contact us here to schedule in private lessons. These can be accessed on campus or via our ONLINE TUTORING
- Step-by-Step – Our English, Math and STEMQUEST curriculum provides a step-by-step guide to excellence and academic success.
- Feedback: Comprehensive feedback after each lesson that details your child’s areas for improvement.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION:
Assess and apply technical knowledge and skills.
Develop a deep understanding and evaluation of curriculum outcomes.
Excel in written expression across a range of practice exam scenarios.
Time management skills.
Mentoring to apply best study skills and habits.
Encourage students to think critically